Well, I finished my Holiday in London Duffle Bag just in time for Disneyland and it's gorgeous (I'll share soon). I started with the outside pockets and instantly knew I wasn't going to be happy with them the way things were going. My houndstooth bias fabric was crooked on the piping and the pattern on the pocket fabric was at a slight, but obnoxious, angle. Sometimes I can overlook these things but I just knew this was going to make me crazy if I didn't try to do a better job.
I use glue for some of the steps when I'm assembling laptop covers for my Hipster Haberdasher store so I always have Elmer's purple glue sticks around. I took everything apart and then ran the glue stick down the length of the bias piping fabric. I quickly (it dries pretty fast) set my piping right in the middle and then folded it over carefully, making sure the houndstooth pattern was perfectly centered.